Creating Paths to Healing
Copyright 2002 by Trauma, Research, Education and Training Institute, Inc.
• To relate to friends, family, and community
• To raise healthy children
• To be able to earn a living
• To find basic life satisfaction and fulfillment
• To restore a sense of connection with God or one's spirituality
• To prevent future violence
What is the context for healing?
• Social and physical problems
• Psychological and cultural meanings of loss, trauma, and healing
What is required for healing?
Ø About events
Ø About traumatic stress
Ø With others
Ø Positive vision of the future
Healing takes time and requires patience